McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Psychiatrist, Adult Outpatient Services
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Gopinath Mallya, MD, is a staff psychiatrist in McLean’s Adult Outpatient Services where he oversees medication management as well as the short term ambulatory treatment team. In these roles he is responsible for training and supervision of residents in the MGH/McLean Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program. For over 20 years, he has also provided part-time direct clinical care in McLean’s Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) Service.
Dr. Mallya is passionate about sharing his clinical experiences in diagnosing and formulating comprehensive treatment modalities with his students. Many of his research interests are in behavioral psychopharmacology (the study of effects of medications on behaviors), including many collaborations Dr. Scott Lukas on studies of addiction.
Education & Training:
- 1970 Pre-Medical Pre-University Course, St. Aloysious College, Mangalore, India
- 1978 MB, BS in Medicine, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, India
- 1978-1979 Internship, Kothari Hospital, Bombay, India
- 1979-1980 House Officer, Bombay Hospital, Bombay, India
- 1981-1985 Residency in Psychiatry, University of Tennessee Center for Health Science
- 1985-1986 Clinical Fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 1986 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 1986 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - Service Building, Room G28A