McLean Hospital Title:
- Associate Neuroscientist, Neurobiology of Fear Laboratory
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Guia Guffanti Masetti, PhD, was a post-doctoral fellow at University of California, Irvine from 2009-2010. For 5 years thereafter, she was assistant professor of clinical neurobiology at the Department of Psychiatry of Columbia University. Her primary research interests are in the area of human genetics with application to the study of genetic variants underlying neuropsychiatric complex disorders. She has worked on the genetics of autism, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder over the span of ten years. She has expertise in large data processing including DNA microarrays, and their integration with brain imaging, whole genome sequencing, and RNA sequencing for deep investigation of the transcriptome.
Dr. Guffanti’s research investigates how the individual genetic blueprint influences higher brain functions. Areas of current interest include structural variation of the genome as related to brain functions, non-coding genome biology, neuroepigenetics and computational genomics.
Education & Training:
- 2005 MS in Biology (Human Genetics), School of Biological Sciences, University of Milan
- 2009 PhD in Molecular Medicine (Genomics), School of Medicine, University of Milan
- 2009-2010 Post-Doctoral Fellow, University of California, Irvine
Belmont campus - Oaks Building