McLean Hospital Title:
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Laboratory for Translational and Affective Neuroscience
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Clinical Fellow in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Hans S. Schroder, PhD, is a post-doctoral research fellow in the Laboratory for Translational and Affective Neuroscience, directed by Dr. Diego Pizzagalli. Dr. Schroder is broadly interested in the assessment and treatment of anxiety and depression. Much of his research has examined how anxiety and depression impact cognitive processing.
Dr. Schroder is also interested in how beliefs about the malleability of self-attributes, called mindsets, influence cognitive control, motivation, emotion regulation strategies, treatment preferences (e.g., individual therapy vs. medications), and treatment outcomes. Dr. Schroder uses several methods including event-related brain potentials (ERPs), behavioral tasks, and self-report measures to investigate these processes. The goal for this research is to inform public policy, as well as treatment providers and consumers, on how best to conceptualize and discuss mental health and to develop novel interventions.
Education & Training:
- 2012 BS in Psychology, Michigan State University
- 2014 MA in Clinical Psychology, Michigan State University
- 2018 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Michigan State University
- 2017-2018 Pre-Doctoral Internship, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2018-Present Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship, Laboratory for Translational and Affective Neuroscience, McLean Hospital
Belmont campus - de Marneffe Building, Room 231