McLean Hospital Title:
- Clinical Director, Substance Use Disorders Division
- Medical Director, LEADER Residence
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Dr. Connery’s expertise includes treatment of opioid use disorders and co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders. She contributed to American Psychiatric Association Practice Guidelines for treatment of substance abuse and is an investigator in Harvard University/New England Consortium of the NIDA Clinical Trials Network.
Dr. Connery is New England director for the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry, rotation director for addiction psychiatry in Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital Adult Psychiatry Resident Training Program, and mentor in Partners Healthcare Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship.
Weiss RD, Connery HS. Integrated group therapy for bipolar disorder and substance abuse. New York: Guilford Press, 2011.
Harrison TF, Connery HS. The complete family guide to addiction: everything you need to know now to help your loved one and yourself. New York: Guildford Press, 2019.
Education & Training:
- 1988 BA in Neurobiology, Cornell University College of Arts and Sciences
- 1996 MD, PhD in Neuroscience, Curriculum in Neurobiology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine
- 1996-2000 Adult Psychiatry Training Program, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 1999-2000 Clinical Fellow, Personality Disorders Institute, New York-Presbyterian Hospital
Belmont campus - Proctor House, Room 313