McLean Hospital Title:
- Psychiatrist in Charge, Center of Excellence in Psychotic Disorders
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Hyun Jung Kim, MD, is a child and adolescent psychiatrist, specializing in early psychotic disorders and college student mental health. With a completion of her psychiatry residency at Duke University and a child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship at Harvard Medical School/Boston Children’s Hospital, Dr. Kim joined the Yale School of Medicine as a core teaching faculty. Throughout her career, she has served a number of leadership roles and received numerous local and national awards for her excellence in clinical education and scholarly work, including a teaching award from the medical students at Yale School of Medicine.
Dr. Kim’s work has been focused on providing developmentally informed care for transitional aged youth (15-25 years old) with early psychotic disorders. She also has extensive work experience with a number of college mental health programs including at Duke, Harvard, Yale, and MIT Universities. At McLean, she is a psychiatrist in charge in the Center of Excellence in Psychotic Disorders.
Education & Training:
- 2003 MD, Catholic University of Korea
- 2008-2012 Psychiatry Residency, Duke University School of Medicine
- 2012-2014 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship, Harvard Medical School/Boston Children’s Hospital
- 2013-2014 Chief Fellow in Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School/Boston Children’s Hospital
- 2012 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2012 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2016 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - Admissions Building, Room S320