McLean Hospital Title:
- Associate Psychologist, Adult Outpatient Services
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Igor Weinberg, PhD, specializes in the assessment and treatment of personality disorders, especially borderline and narcissistic personality disorders. His additional areas of expertise include treatment of suicidal behaviors and substance use disorders in patients with personality disorders. In his clinical work, he uses evidence-based treatments including cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, mentalization-based treatment, and transference focused psychotherapy.
Dr. Weinberg has published peer-reviewed papers and book chapters as well as presented at professional conferences and delivered workshops on understanding and treatment of suicidal patients and patients with personality disorders.
Education & Training:
- 1994 BA, Bar Ilan University, Israel
- 2000 MA, Bar Ilan University Israel
- 2005 PhD, Bar Ilan University, Israel
- 2003-2005 Pre-Doctoral Internship, Behavior Health Partial Hospital Program, McLean Hospital
- 2005-2006 Clinical Fellowship, Adult Outpatient Clinic, McLean Hospital
Belmont campus - Service Building, Room 23