Jane Eisen, MD
Clinical Director, Division of Depression and Anxiety Disorders
- Professor in Residence of Psychiatry
Jane Eisen, MD is clinical director of the Division of Depression and Anxiety Disorders at McLean Hospital, overseeing the integration of clinical work and research in the division. Her clinical responsibilities include her work in The Pavilion, where she evaluates and treats individuals with complex psychiatric disorders. Dr. Eisen’s clinical and research areas of interest are anxiety disorders and obsessive compulsive disorder, and she also has a longstanding interest in education, as well as faculty development. She has been involved in the National Neuroscience Curriculum Initiative (NNCI) since 2013, and currently serves as chair of the NNCI’s faculty development task force.
Dr. Eisen joined the faculty at McLean after serving as training director and vice chair of Academic Affairs in the Brown Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior and more recently as chair of the Department of Psychiatry at Mt. Sinai St. Lukes and Mt. Sinai West in New York City.
Education & Training
- 1973 BA in Biology, Barnard College
- 1977 MD, New York University School of Medicine
- 1980-1983 Psychiatry Residency, Mt. Sinai Hospital
- 1979 Medical License, State of New York
- 1986 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2018 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts