Jennifer L. Goetz, MD
Associate Medical Director, Community Reintegration Unit
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Jennifer L. Goetz, MD, is double board-certified in general psychiatry and child and adolescent psychiatry. She completed her internship in pediatrics at Massachusetts General Hospital and her general psychiatry and child/adolescent psychiatry training at MGH and McLean, where she was also administrative chief resident during her final year of residency. Following training, she moved to Baltimore and served as medical director of the child and adolescent inpatient unit at Johns Hopkins Hospital.
While at Johns Hopkins, Dr. Goetz helped run the eating disorder clinical service, was an associate program director of the child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship, and co-directed the medical student course in psychiatry. She recently relocated back to the Boston area and is an attending psychiatrist on various inpatient units at McLean. She specializes in the care and treatment of those with eating disorders and enjoys teaching medical students, residents, and fellows across specialties. Given her clinical expertise in eating disorders, she has a wealth of clinical experience at the intersection of ethical and legal issues in psychiatry.
Education & Training
- 2009 BS in Psychology, University of Florida
- 2013 MD, University of Florida College of Medicine
- 2013-2017 Residency in Psychiatry, Child Track, Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2016-2017 Administrative Chief Resident, McLean Clinical Evaluation Center Chief Resident, Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2017-2019 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2015 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2017 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2019 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology