McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Psychologist, Behavioral Health Partial Hospital Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Jessica A. Dreifuss, PhD, is a clinical psychologist with extensive training and experience in using scientifically proven therapeutic approaches to treat individuals and couples with a variety of psychological, behavioral, and relationship problems. Dr. Dreifuss specializes in incorporating techniques from behavior-based approaches, including cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT).
Dr. Dreifuss has particular expertise in treating mood, anxiety, and substance use disorders as well as relationship distress in couples. She is a clinical team manager in the Behavioral Health Partial Hospital Program at McLean Hospital and is involved in training and supervising clinical staff and early-career psychologists. Dr. Dreifuss also maintains a small private practice.
Education & Training:
- 2002 BS in Psychology, BA in Biological Anthropology and Anatomy, Duke University
- 2008 MS in Clinical Psychology, University of Georgia
- 2010 PhD in Clinical Psychology, University of Georgia
- 2008-2009 Pre-Doctoral Internship, Medical University of South Carolina/Charleston Veterans Affairs Medical Center Psychology Internship Consortium Program
- 2010-2012 Research and Clinical Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Center of Excellence in Alcohol, Drugs, and Addiction, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2015 Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - Recreation Building, Room 136