McLean Hospital Title:
- Senior Clinical Team Manager, Geriatric Psychiatry Inpatient Services
Joan M. Gillis, MSW, LICSW, graduated from Simmons School of Social Work in 1996. With a strong interest in older adult mental health, she began a fellowship in McLean’s geriatrics division in 1996. After her fellowship was completed, she was hired as a clinical social worker on the geriatric inpatient service. Ms. Gillis is now the senior clinical team manager and supervises all of the inpatient social workers in the Division of Geriatric Psychiatry.
Ms. Gillis has assumed other responsibilities in the division including teaching, mentoring, administration, and participation in marketing opportunities. She has been honored with the Geriatric Program Award, Vision of Excellence Awards in 1999 and 2004, Partners Individual Awards in 2008 and 2018, and Partners In Excellence Team Awards in 2012 and 2015.
Education & Training:
- 1991 BS in Business, Northeastern University
- 1996 MSW in Social Work, Simmons University
- 1996-1997 Fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry, McLean Hospital
- 1998 Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Board of Registration of Social Workers, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2002 Diplomate in Clinical Social Work, National Association of Social Workers
Belmont campus - South Belknap, Room 304