McLean Hospital Title:
- Assistant Neuroscientist, Neuroregeneration Research Institute
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Joanna A. Korecka, PhD is a post-doctoral research fellow at the Neuroregeneration Research Institute at McLean Hospital. Her research focuses on elucidating biological processes involved with neuronal degeneration in Parkinson’s disease (PD). During her PhD studies, she engaged in identifying new molecular candidates responsible for the development of PD. Currently, she continues to investigate the role of multifactorial cellular pathology of PD and is utilizing the use of human induced pluripotent stem cell as models for disease development and progression.
Dr. Korecka was a PhD representative to the Directors Board at the Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience and was an active member of the post-doctoral career development initiative organization.
Education & Training:
- 2004 BSc in Premedical Science, University College Utrecht, The Netherlands
- 2006 MSc in Clinical and Experimental Neuroscience, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
- 2013 PhD in Neuroscience, VU University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 2006-2013 PhD Fellow, Department of Neuroregeneration, Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 2012-2013 Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Neuroregeneration, Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 2014-2016 Post-Doctoral Fellow, Neuroregeneration Research Institute, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
Belmont campus - Mailman Research Center, Room 103