Joanne Keefe, PMHNP-BC
Prescriptive Authority Nurse, McLean SouthEast Adult Psychiatric Inpatient Program
Joanne Keefe MSN, RN, PMHNP-BC, is a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner at McLean SouthEast’s Adult Psychiatric Inpatient Program. Her primary role is completing the initial psychiatric evaluation and admitting new patients to the program while collaborating with the attending psychiatrist. She has over ten years of experience in the advanced practice nursing role. Prior to her role at McLean SouthEast, Ms. Keefe saw patients at her private practice for medication consultation and management for over nine years. She continues to see a few of her established patients.
Ms. Keefe has two years of experience working as a psychiatric medication consultant for assisted living facilities and long-term and short-term skilled nursing facilities. She was previously employed as an RN for over ten years at Northeast Health Systems, where she worked as a nurse manager overseeing three psychiatric programs. Additionally, Ms. Keefe was employed as a clinical instructor for Curry College.
Education & Training
- 1991 AS in Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation, North Shore Community College
- 1996 BS in Nursing, Curry College
- 2008 MS in Nursing, Northeastern University
- 1996 Registered Nurse, Board of Registration in Nursing, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2008 Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, American Nurses Credential Center
- 2009 Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist, Board of Registration in Nursing, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2009 MCSR Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Board of Registration in Nursing, Commonwealth of Massachusetts