McLean Hospital Title:
- Psychiatrist in Charge, Community Reintegration Unit
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
At McLean, Joel Solomon, MD, works as an attending psychiatrist on the Community Reintegration Unit, specializing in the treatment of patients with chronic and severe mental illness. Dr. Solomon leverages his training in pediatrics and psychiatry to lead a family-focused and team-based approach to collaborative patient care. He enjoys teaching and leadership roles as well as his clinical work with patients and families.
Dr. Solomon holds a faculty appointment through Harvard Medical School and previously through Brown University. He co-authors articles, delivers talks regarding suicide prevention, and teaches medical students. In addition, Dr. Solomon serves proudly as a medical officer in the United States Navy Reserves.
Education & Training:
- 1986 BA, Middlebury College
- 1995 MD, Albany Medical College
- 1995-1997 Pediatrics Residency, Tufts New England Medical Center
- 1997-2000 Pediatrics/Psychiatry/Child Psychiatry Residency, Brown University
- 2000 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2004, 2014 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2007, 2014 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - North Belknap, Room 316