Joel Solomon, MD
Medical Director, Community Reintegration Unit
- Instructor in Psychiatry
At McLean, Joel Solomon, MD, works as a medical director on the Community Reintegration Unit, specializing in the treatment of patients with chronic and severe mental illness. Dr. Solomon leverages his training in pediatrics and psychiatry to lead a family-focused and team-based approach to collaborative patient care. He enjoys teaching and leadership roles as well as his clinical work with patients and families.
Dr. Solomon holds a faculty appointment through Harvard Medical School and previously through Brown University. He co-authors articles, delivers talks regarding suicide prevention, and teaches medical students. In addition, Dr. Solomon serves proudly as a medical officer in the United States Navy Reserves.
Education & Training
- 1986 BA, Middlebury College
- 1995 MD, Albany Medical College
- 1995-1997 Pediatrics Residency, Tufts New England Medical Center
- 1997-2000 Pediatrics/Psychiatry/Child Psychiatry Residency, Brown University
- 2000 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2004, 2014 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2007, 2014 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology