McLean Hospital Title:
- Psychologist, Behavioral Psychopharmacology Research Laboratory
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychology in the Department of Psychiatry, Part-Time
John Rodolico, PhD, is committed to using evidence-based treatments to help people with substance use disorders across the life span and his experience working with adolescent addictions spans over 30 years. His main area of research is motivational psychology and evidence-based treatments for co-occurring disorders. Dr. Rodolico also has an extensive teaching history over the past two decades, supervising clinical psychology interns, post-doctoral fellows, and child and adolescent psychiatry fellows. He has given numerous presentations, group consultations, and trainings on substance use disorders, motivational interviewing, and suicide prevention with military personnel.
As an Army Reservist, Dr. Rodolico was deployed twice to Iraq as the executive officer of a Combat Stress Medical Company. He is presently the deputy commander for the Massachusetts National Guard, Medical Command, where he spearheads many projects dealing with suicide, substance abuse, and resiliency.
Education & Training:
- 1975 BS, University of New Haven
- 1980 MEd in Child Psychology, St John’s University
- 1981 MPD in Child Psychology, St John’s University
- 1985 MA in Clinical Psychology, St John’s University
- 1989 PhD in Clinical Psychology, St John’s University
- 1986 Clinical Psychology Internship, McLean Hospital
- 1989 Clinical Psychology Fellow, McLean Hospital
- 1990 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - McLean Imaging Center, Room 109