McLean Hospital Title:
- Research Fellow, Angiogenesis and Brain Development Laboratory
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Research Fellow, Department of Psychiatry
Jugajyoti Baruah, PhD, is a post-doctoral fellow in the Angiogenesis and Brain Development Laboratory. Dr. Baruah is currently exploring multiple aspects of neurovascular interactions and signaling that shape brain development with lasting consequences for the mature brain. A particular focus is on understanding the importance of synapse specific gene expression in CNS endothelial cells and its significance for neuropsychiatric disorders.
Dr. Baruah received her MS in biomedical genetics from Vellore Institute of Technology University, Vellore, India. She then pursued a PhD in cellular and molecular pharmacology from the University of Illinois at Chicago. Her graduate training was focused on understanding the genetics of endothelial cell specific transcription factors in cardiovascular pathologies, for which she received the American Heart Association (AHA) pre-doctoral fellowship.
Education & Training:
- 2009 BS, Bangalore University, Bangalore, India
- 2011 MS, Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, India
- 2018 PhD, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago
- 2015-2016 American Heart Association Pre-Doctoral Fellowship, Midwest affiliate
- 2018-Present Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Angiogenesis and Brain Development Laboratory, McLean Hospital
Belmont campus - Mailman Research Center, Room 313