McLean Hospital Title:
- Medical Director, 3East Partial Hospital Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Julie Van der Feen, MDCM, is a senior child and adolescent psychiatrist with 20 years of experience treating adults, adolescents and children. Her clinical focus is on treating children and adolescents with mood/anxiety disorders, disruptive behavior disorders, personality disorders, substance use disorders, developmental disorders and learning differences, as well as children coping with chronic medical illness. She is skilled in a wide range of therapeutic techniques, including individual therapy, medication evaluation and management, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, and family interventions.
In addition to her involvement with 3East’s adolescent treatment programs, Dr. Van der Feen is also a consultant to McLean Hospital’s Arlington School, a specialized school for adolescents with academic, social, and emotional challenges.
Education & Training:
- 1985 BS in Toxicology, Northeastern University
- 1990 MDCM, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- 1990-1993 Residency in Adult and Child Psychiatry, Tufts University School of Medicine
- 1993-1995 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship, MGH/McLean Hospital, Harvard University
- 1996-1997 Forensic Psychiatry Fellowship, Mass Mental/Bridgewater State Hospital, Harvard University
- 1995 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 1996 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - White Building