McLean Hospital Title:
- Scientific Director, Institute for Technology in Psychiatry
- Director of Functional Neuroimaging and Bioinformatics, Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder Research Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Justin T. Baker, PhD, has a background in neuroscience and clinical psychiatry. He is currently the director of functional neuroimaging and bioinformatics for the Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder Research Program at McLean Hospital. His research uses both large-scale studies and “deep-phenotyping” approaches to understand the nature and underlying biology of mental illnesses, particularly lifelong conditions like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. The goal of this work is to develop more effective strategies to both monitor the course of illness and intervene in creative ways to improve the lives of individuals struggling with these conditions.
Dr. Baker welcomes opportunities to foster the careers of other budding clinician-scientists and is currently co-director of the Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital Research Concentration Program. He also works toward finding useful applications of psychiatry and clinical neuroscience to public policy and serves as the associate director of the MGH Center for Law, Brain & Behavior.
Education & Training:
- 1997 ScB, Brown University
- 2007 MD, PhD, Washington University in St. Louis
- 2007-2008 Medicine Internship, Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- 2007-2011 Resident in Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2008 Massachusetts Medical License Registration
- 2011 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - Admissions Building, Room S347