McLean Hospital Title:
- Outpatient Therapist, Adult Outpatient Services
Justin Gillis, MSW, LICSW, is an individual, group, couples, and family therapist at McLean Hospital. In his role, Mr. Gillis is part of three programs—the Adult DBT Clinic, Gunderson Outpatient Program, and the LEADER (Law Enforcement, Active Duty, Emergency Responder) Outpatient Mood, Anxiety, Stress, and Trauma Clinic. In 2018, Mr. Gillis was chosen to participate in advanced social work training at McLean Hospital in the treatment of personality disorders. This training was supported by the Gunderson Legacy Fund.
Mr. Gillis has received training in several evidence-based therapies including dialectical behavior therapy, mentalization-based treatment, and general psychiatric management for borderline personality disorder. He also takes a special interest in helping families and couples affected by personality disorders. To inform his therapeutic approach, Mr. Gillis draws on his upbringing and previous training with the experiences of first responders and their families.
Education & Training:
- 2013 BA in Social Work and Sociology, Fordham University
- 2015 MSW, Boston College School of Social Work
- 2014-2015 Internship, McLean SouthEast, McLean Hospital
- 2018-2020 Advanced Social Work Training, Gunderson BPD Programs, McLean Hospital
- 2017 Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Board of Registration of Social Workers, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - Admissions Building, Room 325