McLean Hospital Title:
- Program Director, Gunderson Residence
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Karen L. Jacob, PhD, is the program director of the Gunderson Residence. She received her PhD in clinical psychology from Clark University and completed her post-doctoral training at Cambridge Health Alliance at Harvard Medical School. Her clinical training has been primarily in cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) for patients struggling with mood, anxiety, and personality disorders, as well as in mindfulness, mentalization, dialectical behavior, and biofeedback therapies.
Dr. Jacob has an extensive research training background, having studied topics including diabetes, adoption, attachment, panic disorder, and psychotherapy outcomes. She has authored numerous papers and presentations and was honored with the Hiatt Scholarship. Her current research interests include understanding the effectiveness of empirically-supported treatments in clinical contexts and in elucidating mechanisms of change in treatment. Dr. Jacob has a particular interest in understanding the relative impact of different components of treatment on outcome, as measured by both symptom and functional improvement.
Education & Training:
- 1994 BA in Psychology, University of Vermont
- 2000 MA in Clinical Psychology, Clark University
- 2004 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Clark University
- 2004 Pre-Doctoral Internship, Bedford VA
- 2005 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Cambridge Health Alliance
- 2005 License, Commonwealth of Massachusetts (#8521)
625 Mount Auburn Street, Cambridge, MA