Karen S. Kantor, LICSW
Outpatient Therapist, Alcohol, Drug, and Addiction Outpatient Clinic
- Instructor in Psychiatry, Part-Time
Karen S. Kantor, LICSW, is an outpatient therapist and licensed social worker in the Division of Alcohol, Drugs, and Addiction at McLean Hospital. She has extensive training in the treatment of substance use disorders and co-occurring psychiatric diagnoses, such as mood and anxiety disorders. Ms. Kantor’s areas of interest include the treatment of women with substance use and coexisting mood disorders.
Currently, Ms. Kantor leads women’s recovery and integrated group therapy groups in McLean’s Adult Outpatient Services and provides individual psychotherapy through her private practice. Prior to this, she was the lead social worker in McLean’s Alcohol, Drug, and Addiction Inpatient Program. She also completed a one-year fellowship in psychoanalytic psychotherapy at the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute.
Education & Training
- 1986 BA, Yale University
- 1989 MEd, Lesley University
- 2016 MSW, Smith College School of Social Work
- 2018-2019 Post-Graduate Fellowship, Boston Psychoanalytic Society & Institute
- 2018 Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Board of Registration of Social Workers, Commonwealth of Massachusetts