McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Psychologist, Child and Adolescent Testing Service (CATS)
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Clinical Fellow in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Karmen Koesterer, PsyD, obtained her undergraduate degree in special education from Grand Valley State University. She worked as a special educator before earning her master’s degree from Harvard University. She then worked in the field of autism research for several years. As a doctoral student in clinical psychology, Dr. Koesterer completed a neuropsychology concentration at William James College and earned a PsyD in 2018. She then completed her two-year neuropsychology post-doctoral fellowship at McLean Hospital.
Dr. Koesterer is currently staff neuropsychologist at the Child and Adolescent Testing Service where she administers comprehensive evaluations. Her approach to these evaluations is from a developmental perspective and integrates findings from neuropsychological, academic, and psychological testing to inform educational and treatment planning.
Education & Training:
- 2006 BS in Special Education, Grand Valley State University
- 2008 MEd in Special Studies, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- 2018 PsyD in Clinical Psychology, William James College
- 2017-2018 Pre-Doctoral Internship in Clinical Psychology, TEAMCare Behavioral Health, LLC
- 2018-2020 Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Neuropsychology, McLean Hospital
Cambridge Outpatient - 799 Concord Avenue, Cambridge, MA