McLean Hospital Title:
- Prescriptive Authority Nurse, Geriatric Psychiatry Outpatient Services
Kathryn Kieran, PMHNP-BC, believes in holistic health care that treats the whole person. Certified in cognitive processing therapy and trained in motivational interviewing, Ms. Kieran is comfortable working with a wide range of mental health needs.
Ms. Kieran’s research interests include trauma informed care, and effective deployment of nursing care to individuals with trauma histories—particularly regarding communication between providers and patients. She is studying trauma informed care through qualitative questionnaires.
Education & Training:
- 2003 BA in History, Brandeis University
- 2008 Diploma in Nursing, Institute of Health Professions, Massachusetts General Hospital
- 2009 MSN, Institute of Health Professions, Massachusetts General Hospital
- 2008 Registered Nurse, Department of Health and Human Services, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2009 Certified Nurse Practitioner, Department of Health and Human Services, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2009 MCSR Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Department of Health and Human Services, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2019 Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, American Nurses Credentialing Center
Belmont campus - South Belknap, Room 324