McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Psychiatrist, The Pavilion
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Kimberly H. Pearson, MD, is a specialist in the area of women’s mental health. She was previously director of the Outpatient Eating Disorders Program at McLean (2000-2003), and a senior clinician in the MGH Center for Women’s Mental Health (1999-2013). In addition to her private practice, she currently serves as the primary consultant at The Pavilion on all issues of reproductive psychiatry, including PMS, psychotropic medication safety in pregnancy, postpartum depression, and menopause.
Dr. Pearson is a recognized specialist in the areas of eating disorders, perinatal psychiatry, and women’s mental health. Some areas of focus include general psychiatry, medication during pregnancy and breastfeeding, postpartum depression, menopause, PMS, bulimia, anorexia, and binge eating disorder. She also treats mood and anxiety disorders, including major depression, bipolar disorder, panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, ADHD, PTSD, and OCD.
Pearson K, Sonawalla S, Rosenbaum J, eds. Women’s health and psychiatry. Baltimore, MD: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2002.
Education & Training:
- 1992 BA in Psychobiology, DePauw University
- 1996 MD, Northwestern University Medical School
- 1996-1997 Internship, Mount Auburn Hospital
- 1997-2000 Residency in Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2000-2001 Clinical Fellowship in Perinatal and Reproductive Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital
- 2001-2002 Fellowship in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute
- 2001, 2011 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - Wyman Building