Laura D. Mead, MSEd, MBA
Co-Director, Pathways Academy
Laura D. Mead, MSEd, MBA, a teacher and administrator with 20 years of experience in special education, is currently the co-director of Pathways Academy, McLean Hospital’s school for students on the autism spectrum often with co-occurring psychiatric diagnoses.
Ms. Mead’s background is in psychology, education, and art. She has taught elementary and middle school special education to students with social-emotional and behavioral challenges in both private and public school settings. Her interests lie in building students’ self-esteem within the therapeutic learning environment.
Education & Training
- 1996 BFA in Painting, Alfred University
- 1996 BA in Psychology, Alfred University
- 1999 MSEd in Education, College of St. Rose
- 2007 Graduate Certificate in SPED Administration, Johns Hopkins University
- 2021 MBA, Concentration in Organizational Leadership, Norwich University
- 2009 Licensed Special Education Administrator, Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Commonwealth of Massachusetts