McLean Hospital Title:
- Educational Administrator, Pathways Academy
Laura D. Mead, MSEd, a teacher and administrator with 20 years of experience in special education, is currently the educational administrator at Pathways Academy, McLean Hospital’s school for students on the autism spectrum often with co-occurring psychiatric diagnoses.
Ms. Mead’s background is in psychology, education, and art. She has taught elementary and middle school special education to students with social-emotional and behavioral challenges in both private and public school settings. Her interests lie in building students’ self-esteem within the therapeutic learning environment.
Education & Training:
- 1996 BFA in Painting, Alfred University
- 1996 BA in Psychology, Alfred University
- 1999 MSEd in Education, College of St. Rose
- 2007 Graduate Certificate in SPED Administration, Johns Hopkins University
- 2009 Licensed Special Education Administrator, Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - East House, Room 153