McLean Hospital Title:
- Research Fellow, Laboratory for Brain and Cognitive Health Technology
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Research Fellow in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Lauren A. Rutter, PhD, is a post-doctoral research fellow in the Laboratory for Brain and Cognitive Health Technology, directed by Laura Germine, PhD, and the McLean Institute for Technology in Psychiatry. She also conducts research with the clinician-scientists in the Geriatric Psychiatry Research Program, directed by Brent P. Forester, MD, MSc. Dr. Rutter received her PhD in clinical psychology from Boston University, and completed her pre-doctoral internship at McLean Hospital/ Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Rutter’s research is oriented around understanding the basic cognitive and affective processes that influence the etiology and maintenance of internalizing psychopathology across the lifespan. In 2018, she was granted a research award through McLean Hospital to a support a project investigating the development of neuropsychiatric symptoms in individuals with recent trauma exposure.
Education & Training:
- 2009 BA in Psychology, Bucknell University
- 2012 MA in Clinical Psychology, Boston University
- 2018 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Boston University
- 2016-2017 Clinical Psychology Internship, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2017-Present Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship, McLean Institute for Technology in Psychiatry, McLean Hospital
Belmont campus - Oaks Building