Leslie D. Scheel, PsyD
Staff Psychologist, Belmont Adolescent Partial Hospital Program
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Leslie D. Scheel, PsyD, is a licensed clinical psychologist at McLean’s Belmont Adolescent Partial Hospital Program. Before arriving at McLean for a fellowship in 2015, Dr. Scheel gained experience working in residential, inpatient, and outpatient settings treating children, adolescents, and adults. Through this work, she developed a passion for supporting families and adolescents in acute care settings.
Dr. Scheel specializes in the evaluation and treatment of adolescents struggling with emotion regulation difficulties, suicidal and self-injurious behavior, trauma, and mood and anxiety disorders. She utilizes evidence-based treatment in her work, primarily cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and provides individual, group, and family therapy. Dr. Scheel is an instructor in psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. She provides clinical supervision to psychology doctoral students and post-doctoral fellows.
Education & Training
- 2002 BS, Skidmore College
- 2015 PsyD, William James College
- 2015-2016 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Adolescent Acute Residential Treatment (ART) Program, McLean Hospital
- 2018 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts