McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Behavioral Therapist, OCD Institute
Leslie J. Shapiro, LICSW, has been treating OCD and related disorders since 1989. Ms. Shapiro was awarded the first interdisciplinary career development research grant at McLean Hospital. The grant supported her pilot project on conscience related factors in OCD. She continues this research at the Office of Clinical Assessment and Research at the OCD Institute.
Ms. Shapiro has written online OCD continuing education courses and has presented on OCD and related disorders in professional, academic, and community settings. Her other roles have included committee membership for Partners for Research Advancement in Nursing and Social Work at McLean Hospital, adjunct professor at the Boston University School of Social Work, and teaching, supervising, and training students and staff at the OCD Institute.
Shapiro L. Understanding OCD: skills to control the conscience and outsmart obsessive compulsive disorder. Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger, 2015.
Education & Training:
- 1982 BA in Human Services, Simmons College
- 1989 MSW in Clinical Social Work, Boston University
- 1988-1989 Social Work Internship, McLean Hospital
- 1991 Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Board of Registration of Social Workers, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - North Belknap, Room 310