McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Psychologist/Neuropsychologist, Neuropsychology Department
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Lydia Cho, PhD, received her doctorate in clinical psychology from Teachers College, where she provided psychodynamic play therapy to children and adolescents, and psychodynamic interventions to adults. She gained practicum experiences in neuropsychological and psychodiagnostic assessments on adult and forensic patients at Bellevue Hospital. On internship at the VA NY Harbor Healthcare System in Brooklyn, New York, she worked with substance abuse and older adult populations, providing psychotherapy and neuropsychological assessments.
Dr. Cho completed the Geropsychology Fellowship at the VA Boston Healthcare System and gained further expertise on the Neuropsychology Post-Doctoral Fellowship at McLean Hospital. She has continued at McLean Hospital as a staff psychologist/neuropsychologist and thoroughly enjoys assessing neurocognitive functioning, clarifying psychiatric diagnoses, conferring with interdisciplinary treatment teams, and supervising post-doctoral fellows.
Education & Training:
- 1998 BA in Classics, Pomona College
- 2001 MA in Clinical Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University
- 2008 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University
- 2007-2008 VA NY Harbor Healthcare System, Brooklyn
- 2008-2009 Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Geropsychology, VA Boston Healthcare System
- 2011-2013 Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Neuropsychology, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2010 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - South Belknap, Room 332