McLean Hospital Title:
- Program Director, School Consultation Service
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Maggie Gorraiz, PhD, is a child and adolescent psychologist and a DBT-Linehan certified DBT clinician. She has extensive experience in providing assessment and treatment of children and adolescents struggling with problems related to emotion dysregulation, including suicidal and self-harming behaviors, depression, anxiety, and PTSD. Dr. Gorraiz participates in the supervision and training of clinicians in personality disorders and DBT. Her research interests lie in the areas of adolescent emotion dysregulation and DBT program development in schools.
Dr. Gorraiz is the director of McLean’s School Consultation Service, a multidisciplinary team of providers with expertise in child and adolescent mental health which provides consultative services in therapeutic program development, individual student challenges, and training and dissemination of evidence-based mental health interventions. Prior to this role, she served as a staff psychologist in McLean’s 3East continuum.
Education & Training:
- 2009 BS, Arizona State University
- 2011 MA in Psychology, University of Rhode Island
- 2014 PhD in Clinical Psychology, University of Rhode Island
- 2013-2014 Pre-Doctoral Internship in Clinical and Community Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, Yale University
- 2014-2015 Post-Doctoral Internship, Center for Cognitive and Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- 2015 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2019 Certified DBT Clinician, DBT-Linehan Board of Certification
Cambridge Outpatient - 799 Concord Avenue, Cambridge, MA