McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Psychiatrist, Clinical Evaluation Center
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Manjola Ujkaj, MD, PhD, focuses her clinical interests on psychopharmacological and neurotherapeutic approaches to treatment-resistant mood disorders. Dr. Ujkaj’s early research activity focused on the epidemiology of depression and cognitive disorders in the geriatric population. Later on she investigated safety and efficacy of electroconvulsive therapy for the treatment of the neuropsychological and behavioral complications of dementia. More recently Dr. Ujkaj’s research focus has been on investigating the neurobiological effects of ECT through means of magnetic resonance spectroscopy in patient with treatment-resistant depression.
Dr. Ujkaj’s earlier administrative and teaching experience in medical school peaked her interest in healthcare organizational leadership and its role in facilitating adaptation in a rapidly changing healthcare system. She is currently a faculty member and senior consultant for Levinson Institute lecturing at the Leadership for Physician Executives and Leadership for the Healthcare Team seminars in collaboration with Harvard Medical School.
Education & Training:
- 2003 MD, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, University of Bologna, Italy
- 2007 PhD in Human Psychobiology, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
- 2008-2012 Psychiatry Residency Training Program, Harvard South Shore, VA Boston Healthcare System, Harvard Medical School
- 2012 Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2012 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - de Marneffe Building, PNP