McLean Hospital Title:
- Director of Clinical Services, McLean-Franciscan Child Community-Based Acute Treatment Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Maria G Fraire, PhD, received her PhD in clinical psychology at Virginia Tech and completed her pre-doctoral internship at Texas Children’s Hospital. She specializes in the treatment of severe anxiety, OCD, and co-occurring disorders, specifically utilizing cognitive behavioral therapy and exposure and response prevention.
Dr. Fraire previous oversaw the assessment and research component of the Child and Adolescent OCDI. Her research interests include advancing the understanding of underlying processes related to anxiety and co-occurring disorders and developing specifically tailored treatments for anxiety and complex comorbidity. In addition to her clinical and research duties, Dr. Fraire is involved in program development and staff training.
Education & Training:
- 2006 BA in Psychology, Connecticut College
- 2010 MS in Clinical Psychology, Virginia Tech
- 2014 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Virginia Tech
- 2013-2014 Clinical Psychology Pre-Doctoral Internship, Texas Children’s Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine
- 2014-2015 Post-Doctoral Clinical Fellowship, Child and Adolescent OCD Institute, McLean Hospital
McLean SouthEast - 23 Isaac Street, Middleborough, MA, Room E109