McLean Hospital Title:
- Program Director, Child and Adolescent OCD Institute
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Maria G Fraire, PhD, is the program director of McLean’s Child and Adolescent OCD Institute (OCDI Jr.). She is a licensed clinical psychologist and specializes in the treatment of severe anxiety, OCD, and co-occurring disorders, specifically utilizing cognitive behavior therapy and exposure and response prevention therapy.
Dr. Fraire started at McLean Hospital in 2014 as the first post-doctoral fellow of the newly established OCDI Jr. During her time as a post-doctoral fellow and staff psychologist, she was involved in the development and implementation of the research and training programs. In 2017, she became the clinical director of the McLean-Franciscan Community-Based Acute Treatment (CBAT) program, where she oversaw all aspects of admissions, supervision, training, and clinical programming. In 2020, Dr. Fraire returned to OCDI Jr. as the program director. In her role, she oversees all aspects of treatment programming, including the development of a new, virtual OCDI Jr. bridge program.
Education & Training:
- 2006 BA in Psychology, Connecticut College
- 2010 MS in Clinical Psychology, Virginia Tech
- 2014 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Virginia Tech
- 2013-2014 Clinical Psychology Pre-Doctoral Internship, Texas Children’s Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine
- 2014-2015 Post-Doctoral Clinical Fellowship, Child and Adolescent OCD Institute, McLean Hospital
Belmont campus - East House, Room 111B