McLean Hospital Title:
- Research Psychologist, Behavioral Health Partial Hospital Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Marie Forgeard, PhD, is a research psychologist at McLean Hospital’s Behavioral Health Partial Hospital Program. She specializes in conducting research at the intersection of clinical, social/personality, and positive psychology. Her research program examines strengths-based predictors of well-being and recovery following highly stressful life circumstances, including adverse events and mental health challenges. Dr. Forgeard is especially interested in the character strengths of openness and imagination. The goal of this work is to better understand how specific positive traits contribute to psychological adjustment, and whether these can be harnessed to promote well-being using established as well as novel interventions.
Dr. Forgeard was the 2013 recipient of the Frank X. Barron Award from Division 10 of the American Psychological Association (the Society for the Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts). Her research has also been funded by grants from the John Templeton Foundation. She is a licensed psychologist in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. is also an assistant professor of Clinical Psychology at William James College.
Education & Training:
- 2005 Master’s Degree in Political Science, Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po)
- 2009 MA in Psychology, University of Pennsylvania
- 2015 PhD in Psychology, University of Pennsylvania
- 2014-2015 Pre-Doctoral Internship in Clinical Psychology, McLean Hospital
- 2015-Present, Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Behavioral Health Partial Hospital Program, McLean Hospital
- 2017 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - Recreation Building, Room G05A