Mariola Magovcevic, PhD
Staff Psychologist, The Pavilion
- Instructor in Psychiatry, Part-Time
Mariola Magovcevic, PhD, earned her bachelor of arts in psychology from Clark University, her master of science in counseling psychology from Northeastern University, and her doctorate in clinical psychology from Clark University. She completed both her pre-doctoral and post-doctoral training at McLean Hospital. In addition to treating borderline personality disorder, she has experience working with a variety of different diagnostic issues including mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and eating disorders.
Dr. Magovcevic’s primary orientation to treatment is cognitive behavior therapy and she has been trained in dialectical behavior therapy and acceptance and commitment therapy. She has authored numerous papers and presentations. Dr. Magovcevic has a joint faculty appointment as an instructor in psychiatry, part-time, at Harvard Medical School and a staff psychologist at McLean Hospital, where she provides individual, family, and group therapy.
Education & Training
- 1997 BA in Psychology, Clark University
- 1999 MS in Counseling Psychology, Northeastern University
- 2006 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Clark University
- 2005-2006 Pre-Doctoral Internship, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2008 Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts