McLean Hospital Title:
- Administrative Director, Office of Clinical Assessment and Research, OCD Institute
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Martha J. Falkenstein, PhD, is an instructor in psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and the administrative director of the Office of Clinical Assessment and Research at the OCD Institute at McLean Hospital. She completed her doctoral training at American University under the mentorship of David Haaga, PhD, where she studied treatment development and outcomes for trichotillomania.
Dr. Falkenstein’s research focuses on mediators and moderators of treatment response in obsessive compulsive related and anxiety disorders. She has received funding from the International OCD Foundation and Harvard Medical School (Kaplen Fellowship and Livingston Award) for her work on cognitive and neural mechanisms of treatment response, as well as prediction and prevention of suicidality in individuals with these disorders.
Education & Training:
- 2009 BS in Psychology, University of Maryland
- 2013 MA in Psychology, American University
- 2016 PhD in Clinical Psychology, American University
- 2015-2016 Pre-Doctoral Internship, Southwest Consortium Doctoral Psychology Internship, New Mexico Veterans Affairs Health Care System/Indian Health Service
- 2016-2018 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, OCD Institute, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2018 Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - North Belknap, Room G28