McLean Hospital Title:
- Research Fellow, Cognitive and Clinical Neuroimaging Core
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Research Fellow in Psychiatry
Dr. Mary Kathryn (Kate) Dahlgren is a post-doctoral fellow in the Cognitive and Clinical Neuroimaging Core (CCNC) and the Marijuana Investigations for Neuroscientific Discovery (MIND) program, both led by Dr. Staci Gruber. Her work has focused on the impact of both recreational and medical cannabis use on cognition, clinical state, neural activation, and brain structure.
Dr. Dahlgren’s specific interests include researching vulnerability factors for developing psychological disorders, identifying predictors of treatment response, and advanced statistical analyses, particularly regression modeling to assess the impact of recreational and medical cannabis use. In 2017, Dr. Dahlgren was the recipient of the McLean Hospital Rossano Mind, Brain, and Behavior Pre-Doctoral Fellowship.
Education & Training:
- 2006 BA in Psychology and Neuroscience, Smith College
- 2015 MS in Clinical Experimental Psychology, Tufts University
- 2018 PhD in Clinical Experimental Psychology, Tufts University
- 2017-2018 Rossano Mind, Brain, and Behavior Pre-Doctoral Research Fellowship, McLean Hospital
- 2018-Present Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
Belmont campus - McLean Imaging Center, Room 173