Maya Massing-Schaffer, PhD
Beckwitt-Hughey Fellow in Psychology, Simches Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Clinical Fellow in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Maya Massing-Schaffer, PhD, is a post-doctoral fellow at the 3East Girls Intensive and Step-Down Programs. She provides dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) to adolescents and their families.
Dr. Massing-Schaffer is experienced in treating youth who struggle with emotion dysregulation, depression, anxiety, OCD and self-injury. She specializes in the use of evidence-based treatments, including DBT and cognitive behavior therapy (CBT).
Education & Training
- 2012 BA in Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- 2017 MA in Clinical Psychology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- 2021 PhD in Clinical Psychology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- 2020-2021 Pre-Doctoral Internship, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University