McLean Hospital Title:
- Medical Director, Alcohol, Drug, and Addiction Inpatient Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Michael A. Fiori, MD, is a board certified psychiatrist with training and expertise in both the psychological and biological underpinnings of psychiatric disorders. He specializes in the treatment of persons struggling with substance use and co-occurring disorders. Dr. Fiori began his career in New York City, and then moved to Brown University’s Butler Hospital as an assistant professor of psychiatry. He went on to help found and eventually lead a group of 17 psychiatrists, as the president of the Southern New England Physician Associates. He later returned to NYC to serve as the director of Addictions for the Mount Sinai Beth Israel Hospital.
Dr. Fiori came to McLean Hospital to lead the co-occurring disorders program. He continues to teach and supervise residents and students and support ongoing research at McLean.
Education & Training:
- 1977 BA, Amherst College
- 1981 MD, New York Medical College
- 1981-1982 Internship, Icahn School of Medicine, Mount Sinai University
- 1982-1985 Psychiatry Residency, Icahn School of Medicine, Mount Sinai University
- 1986 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 1988 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2009 Diplomate, American Board of Addiction Medicine
Belmont campus - Proctor House, Room 305