McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Psychiatrist, McLean OnTrackTM, Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder Research Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Michael Murphy, MD, PhD, is a staff psychiatrist with McLean OnTrackTM, a program for first episode psychosis, a research fellow at the Stanley Center for Psychiatric Research at the Broad Institute, and an assistant professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Murphy’s research focus is on understanding how information flow through the brain is related to symptoms of psychosis. He studies how changes in brain networks may be markers of clinical recovery and relapse and also studies the relationship between sleep and memory and how this relationship is disrupted in schizophrenia.
Education & Training:
- 2002 BS, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 2010 PhD, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 2012 MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
- 2012-2016 Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2015-2016 Chief Resident, Acute Psychiatry Service, Massachusetts General Hospital
- 2016-Present Stanley Center Psychiatric Genetics and Neuroscience Fellowship, Eli and Edythe L. Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT
- 2016-Present Livingston Fellowship, Harvard Medical School
- 2015 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - Admissions Building, Room S302