McLean Hospital Title:
- Medical Director, Lincoln Residence
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Miles G. Cunningham, MD, PhD, earned a PhD in 1993 from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, specializing in “Transplantation Strategies for the Analysis of Brain Development and Repair.” He earned an MD in 1995 from Harvard Medical School, with a special interest in neuropsychiatry and behavioral neurology. Dr. Cunningham received residency training at Massachusetts General and McLean Hospitals, while continuing neuroscience research in the laboratory of Dr. Francine Benes which focused on the study of the corticolimbic circuitry of psychopathology.
Dr. Cunningham administers the Laboratory of Neural Reconstruction, which studies emotional circuitry and psychopathology via precision engraftment of genetically engineered neural cells. An associate psychiatrist at McLean Hospital, he also conducts a limited private practice specializing in neuropsychiatry, psychopharmacology, psychotherapy, and cognitive and behavioral therapy. He is founder of Asniya, a philanthropic program which introduces medicine and teaches preventative care to Native American children living on underprivileged reservations.
Education & Training:
- 1985 BA in Psychology, University of Arkansas
- 1993 PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 1996 MD, Harvard Medical School
- 1997-2001 Residency in Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2001-2003 Fellowship in Neuropsychiatry, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2001 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2017 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - Mailman Research Center, Room 312