Mona Potter, MD
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Mona Potter, MD, is medical director of McLean’s Child and Adolescent Outpatient Services including the McLean Anxiety Mastery Program, School Consultation Service, and Adolescent DBT Outpatient Service. Dr. Potter has particular interest in the treatment of pediatric anxiety disorders, OCD, mood disorders, and borderline personality disorder, with a focus on collaboration with schools. Prior to her current role, she served as the medical director for the 3East Cambridge Transitional Residence and The Landing at McLean Hospital®.
Dr. Potter is extensively trained in a range of evidence-based therapies, including medication evaluation and management, cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and motivational interviewing (MI).
Education & Training
- 1999 BM, Vanderbilt University
- 2003 MD, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- 2003-2007 Residency in Adult Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2007-2009 Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2005 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2009, 2019 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology