Mona Potter, MD
Clinical Associate, Nancy and Richard Simches Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Lecturer on Psychiatry, Part-Time
Mona Potter, MD, is a board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrist. She has played multiple roles over the course of her time at McLean. During her previous role as the medical director of McLean’s Child and Adolescent Outpatient Services, Dr. Potter was integral in building the McLean Anxiety Mastery Program (MAMP) and the McLean School Consultation Service. Passionate about incorporating cutting-edge technologies into treatment, she also served on the executive committee for the McLean Institute for Technology in Psychiatry, through which she spearheaded the use of virtual reality for exposure therapy at MAMP.
Dr. Potter is extensively trained in a range of evidence-based therapies, including medication evaluation and management, cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), and motivational interviewing (MI).
Education & Training
- 1999 BM, Vanderbilt University
- 2003 MD, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- 2003-2007 Residency in Adult Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2007-2009 Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2005 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2009, 2019 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology