McLean Hospital Title:
- Program Director, Addiction Treatment Center at Naukeag
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Monika E. Kolodziej, PhD, is the program director for the Addiction Treatment Center at Naukeag, a residential treatment program in the Center of Excellence in Alcohol, Drugs, and Addiction at McLean Hospital. Her clinical, research, and program evaluation activities focus on services for persons diagnosed with co-occurring psychiatric and substance use disorders, both of which are often accompanied by chronic medical conditions. She is especially interested in implementing effective tools to track and improve treatment outcomes, and in exploring means to increase collaboration between multidisciplinary providers, patients, and their families.
Dr. Kolodziej has been part of National Institutes of Health trials to develop treatment approaches for substance use and co-occurring disorders. In addition, she has worked on federal and state-funded implementation projects including integrated medical and behavioral care for persons with chronic mental illness, comprehensive services for veterans with trauma history, and substance abuse interventions for medically hospitalized patients.
Education & Training:
- 1990 BS in Psychology, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
- 1999 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Syracuse University
- 1996-1998 Pre-Doctoral Internship and Fellowship, South Shore Mental Health and May Institute
- 1998-2000 Fellowship, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
- 2000 Psychologist, Health Service Provider, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Naukeag campus - 211 North Main Street, Petersham, MA