McLean Hospital Title:
- Associate Medical Director, Adolescent Acute Residential Treatment (ART) Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Munya Hayek, MD, is the associate medical director at the Adolescent Acute Residential Treatment (ART) Program and specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of adolescents with a range of psychopathology including depression, anxiety, chronic suicidality and self-injury, emotion dysregulation, trauma, personality disorders, and developmental disorders. She is also a board certified pediatrician with a particular interest in working with children with co-occurring mental and physical illnesses.
Dr. Hayek serves on the Clinical Quality Issues Committee of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry which publishes practice guidelines for the field of child and adolescent psychiatry and is involved in the teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows. She is extensively trained in medication evaluation and management and utilizes a variety of therapeutic modalities including family therapy, cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) skills.
Education & Training:
- 2002 BS in Biology, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- 2006 MD, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- 2006-2007 Internship in Pediatrics, American University of Beirut Medical Center
- 2009-2014 Triple Board Residency, Tufts Medical Center
- 2007-2009 Research Fellowship, Children’s Cancer Center of Lebanon, American University of Beirut Medical Center
- 2013 General Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
- 2014 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2015 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - Academic Center, Room 208