Munya Hayek, MD
Associate Medical Director, Belmont Adolescent Partial Hospital Program
Associate Program Director, MGH/McLean Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Munya Hayek, MD, is triple board-certified in child and adolescent psychiatry, adult psychiatry, and pediatrics. She is the associate medical director of the Belmont Adolescent Partial Hospital Program at McLean Hospital and serves as associate program director of the MGH/McLean Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship. Dr. Hayek specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of adolescents struggling with psychiatric disorders, such as mood and anxiety disorders, emotion dysregulation, suicidality, and non-suicidal self-injury. She has extensive training in medication evaluation and management and has experience with a variety of therapeutic modalities, including family therapy, cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) .
In her role as associate program director of the MGH/McLean Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship, Dr. Hayek supports the program in training future generations of child and adolescent psychiatrists. She also supervises and teaches MGH/McLean psychiatry residents. Dr. Hayek has received several teaching awards for her work with residents and medical students.
Education & Training
- 2002 BS in Biology, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- 2006 MD, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- 2006-2007 Internship in Pediatrics, American University of Beirut Medical Center
- 2009-2014 Triple Board Residency, Tufts Medical Center
- 2007-2009 Research Fellowship, Children’s Cancer Center of Lebanon, American University of Beirut Medical Center
- 2013 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2013 General Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
- 2014 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2015 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology