McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Behavioral Therapist, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Institute
Nate Gruner, LICSW, received his MSW from the Boston College Graduate School of Social Work. He completed a post-graduate fellowship at McLean Hospital’s Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Institute, and is currently working there as a staff behavioral therapist.
Mr. Gruner has a particular interest in increasing the effectiveness of psychological treatments for OCD and related disorders. He received the McLean Hospital Career Development Fellowship Grant to fund a research study examining acceptance and commitment therapy-enhanced exposure therapy for OCD. In addition to his research and clinical work, Mr. Gruner serves as a founding member on the Board of Directors for the New England Chapter of the Association for Contextual Behavioral Science.
Education & Training:
- 2005 BA in Psychology, Brandeis University
- 2009 MSW, Boston College Graduate School of Social Work
- 2009-2011 Post-MSW Fellowship, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Institute, McLean Hospital
- 2011 Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Board of Registration of Social Workers, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - East House, Room 220