McLean Hospital Title:
- Research Psychiatrist, Center of Excellence in Psychotic Disorders
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Nicole M. Benson, MD, is a child and adolescent psychiatrist at McLean Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital and is a clinical informatics fellow at Mass General Brigham and the Harvard Medical School Department of Biomedical Informatics.
Dr. Benson’s research uses data science and clinical informatics to study the ways patients access and receive mental health care in order to identify disparities in clinical outcomes. Further, she examines how children and young adults access mental health care and what these patterns might reveal about disease progression in order to improve long-term outcomes for these patients.
Education & Training:
- 2009 BS, Haverford College
- 2014 MD, University of Vermont College of Medicine
- 2014-2017 Residency in Psychiatry, Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2017-2019 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2016 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2018 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2019 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology