McLean Hospital Title:
- Research Fellow, Neurogenomics and Translational Bioinformatics Laboratory
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Research Fellow in Psychiatry
Nikolaos Armeniakos, MD, is a research fellow in the Neurogenomics and Translational Bioinformatics Laboratory at McLean Hospital. He is also a research fellow in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and an affiliate member of the Broad Institute. Dr. Armeniakos’ research focuses on the neurobiology of stress-related mental disorders, such as PTSD. Under the mentorship of Drs. Nikolaos Daskalakis and Kerry Ressler, he uses a translational research approach, involving cell and animal models, to discover the function of epigenetic and cell-type specific signatures in stress brain circuits.
Dr. Armeniakos received his MD from Democritus University of Thrace, Greece. He completed research fellowships in basic neuroscience at King’s College London, UK, and at Max Planck Institute of Experimental Medicine, Germany.
Education & Training:
- 2018 MD, Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece
- 2019-2019 Erasmus Research Fellow, Neural Circuits and Neurodevelopmental Disorders Group, King’s College London, United Kingdom
- 2018-2019 Erasmus Research Fellow, Department of Neurogenetics, Max Planck Institute of Experimental Medicine, Goettingen, Germany
- 2018-2018 Honorary Clinical Fellow in Psychiatry, King’s College Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Belmont campus - Mailman Research Center, Room 116