McLean Hospital Title:
- Assistant Neuroscientist, Neuroregeneration Research Institute
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Oeystein R. Brekk, PhD, is currently working as an assistant neuroscientist at McLean Hospital in the lab of Dr. Hallett. His research interests include cellular lipid and protein degradation systems—and their malfunction—in relation to Parkinson’s disease and other synucleinopathies.
Prior to working at McLean Hospital, Dr. Brekk was a Marie Curie fellow working at the Academy of Athens, Greece, under the supervision of Dr. Leonidas Stefanis.
Education & Training:
- 2009 BSc in Psychology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
- 2011 MSc in Neuroscience, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
- 2016 PhD in Neurobiology, University of Crete School of Medicine, Crete, Greece
- 2011-2013 Marie Curie Actions FP7 PhD Fellowship, Academy of Athens, Greece
Belmont campus - Mailman Research Center, Room 101