Oluwarotimi Folorunso, PhD
Research Fellow, Jerry and Phyllis Rappaport Center of Excellence in Basic Neuroscience Research
- Research Fellow in Psychiatry
Oluwarotimi Folorunso, PhD, is a post-doctoral research fellow in the Division of Basic Neuroscience Research. His research focuses on investigating the cellular and molecular mechanism that underlie cognitive deficits in psychiatric and neurological disorders such as schizophrenia and Alzheimer’s disease.
Dr. Folorunso is interested in understanding how intrinsic and extrinsic factors alter cortical development, ultimately leading to cognitive deficits in adolescence and adulthood. He is a recipient of the Jeane B. Kempner Post-Doctoral Fellowship Award.
Education & Training
- 2009 BS in Chemistry/Biochemistry, Towson University
- 2016 PhD in Biochemistry, University of Texas Medical Branch
- 2017-2018 Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, University of Texas Medical Branch
- 2018-Present Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, McLean Hospital