Oscar G. Morales, MD
Staff Psychiatrist, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Service
Associate Director, Psychiatric Neurotherapeutics Program (PNP)
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Oscar G. Morales, MD, is a staff psychiatrist at the McLean Hospital TMS Service, the first in the Harvard Medical School/Mass General Brigham system dedicated to psychiatric treatments and investigation. Dr. Morales is on the faculty for the MGH/McLean Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program and is involved in training of Harvard students, residents, fellows, and psychiatrists.
As a fellow, Dr. Morales participated in the investigation that led FDA to approve TMS for the treatment of depression (2008) and was the primary investigator for a worldwide trial that resulted in FDA approval of deep TMS for the treatment of depression (2013). He is an expert in the National Network of Depression Centers (NNDC) TMS Task Group, which develops guidelines, recommendations and collaborative research at a national level.
Education & Training
- 1977 MD, San Carlos University Medical School, Guatemala City, Guatemala
- 1977-1979 Internal Medicine, Roosevelt Hospital, Guatemala City, Guatemala
- 1981-1983 Internal Medicine, General Hospital IGSS, Guatemala City, Guatemala
- 1993-1997 Psychiatry, Tufts University Medical Center
- 1985-1986 U.S. Department of State Fulbright Program, University of Minnesota
- 2002-2005 TMS and Brain Stimulation, New York State Psychiatric Institute College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University
- 1996 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts