McLean Hospital Title:
- Senior Manager of Research and Evaluation, The PEAR Institute: Partnerships in Education and Resilience
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Patricia J. Allen, PhD, is the senior manager of research and evaluation at The PEAR Institute: Partnerships in Education and Resilience and an instructor in psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Allen received a doctoral degree in Nutritional Neuroscience from Tufts University in 2013. She completed a post-doctoral fellowship in basic and translational research in the Stewart T. Hauser Clinical Research Training Program at Judge Baker’s Children’s Center and Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Allen’s research focuses on social, emotional, and academic development. After many years conducting “bench-to-bedside” research in laboratory settings, she was drawn to PEAR, a translational center that adapts social, emotional, and academic data into practices for educators using a strengths-based public health approach. Dr. Allen is dedicated to developing assessment tools to help educators support every child and to finding innovative ways of translating data to transform practice.
Education & Training:
- 2005 BS in Psychology, Trinity College, Hartford
- 2009 MS in Experimental Psychology, Tufts University
- 2013 PhD in Nutritional Neuroscience, Tufts University
- 2013-2015 Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Biological and Social Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- 2015-2016 Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Clinical, Developmental, and Educational Psychology, Harvard Medical School and McLean Hospital
617.484.3645 ext. 237
1010 Pleasant Street, Belmont, MA